1. Testing may not have been performed for the disease you/your child has:
2. Even if all of the above testing was performed, negative test results does not rule out all
genetic causes for disease. It is still possible that your/your child’s symptoms have an
underlying genetic cause or risk factors that the technology used was unable to detect, or
that we do not understand.
3. Some results are of uncertain clinical significance, meaning that while they may be
related to disease, they may also be harmless changes unrelated to disease.
4. Genetics determines risk for disease, but cannot state whether disease will in fact occur,
or the severity of disease, with certainty as knowledge is incomplete and the environment
is also important.
5. This test is not meant to evaluate for carrier status related to reproduction. Most
individuals are apparent carriers for a great number of the genes sequenced by exome,
and with rare exceptions we do not pursue or confirm this data.