Dr. Boles focuses on the following areas in terms of patients in his practice as well as in terms of designing DNA diagnostic testing and research projects:
- Cyclic vomiting, abdominal migraine, and other varieties of complicated migraine
- Autistic spectrum disorders
- Multiple functional conditions, defined by Dr. Boles as a patient with three or more of the following chronic conditions: pain, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, bloating, constipation/diarrhea, depression, anxiety, POTS/dysautonomia, etc.
- Mitochondrial disease and dysfunction
- Concerns regarding medical child abuse/fictitious disorder/Munchausen by proxy in patients with the above conditions